The Old Town School of Folk Music is seeking an experienced Facilities Maintenance Manager for our team. The Facilities Maintenance Manager will plan, manage, and coordinate maintenance and janitorial operations, repairs, and improvements of all buildings and facilities.
Qualifications: Able to address a wide array of physical and mechanical tasks and repairs. Able to identify risks and minimize the need for repairs through preventative steps. Five years of building maintenance management experience required, including supervision of maintenance and janitorial staff. Must be able and willing to work any hours (i.e. on call, emergency situations, nights, weekends), as needed. Previous management experience strongly preferred. Solid computer and communication skills required. Must be able to drive to various locations (valid driver's license and insurance). Experience with different generations of building systems preferred. Bilingual Spanish helpful.
Summary of Duties:
- Hires, schedules, and supervises maintenance and custodial staff.
- Maintains inventory and orders supplies.
- Finds and manages the work of outside vendors and contractors as needed.
- Provides input regarding policy, planning, and improvements.
- Performs repairs to facilities and equipment. Troubleshoots issues as they arise.
- Maintains facilities and equipment.
- Ensures a clean and safe physical environment throughout all facilities.
- Complies with OSHA standards, building codes and other regulations.
- Provides regular updates to Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical requirements: This work is physically demanding, requiring the following physical activities: reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling, lifting objects up to 50 pounds regularly and occasionally up to 100lbs., standing, walking, climbing, grasping, feeling, and visual acuity. This work is performed approximately 90% indoors and 10% outdoors. It will occasionally require climbing ladders and working on rooftops. This work can include exposure to weather conditions and strong smells such as paint and thinners.
To be considered for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Old Town School is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. Old Town School strives to be an inclusive and equitable organization that is reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This is critical to our success as a community focused organization.