Description: The part-time Administrative Coordinator works with the Chief of Staff largely on clerical tasks to ensure the office runs smoothly. This role will be focused on day-to-day operations of an office by doing tasks such as filing paperwork, billing/budgeting, answering phone calls, greeting constituents, preparing documents for meetings, and managing calendars. The role will also include processing constituent service requests.
- Report directly to the Chief of Staff and supervise department volunteers and interns as applicable.
- Work with 40th Ward team to address and resolve incoming phone, email, and walk-in constituent service requests.
- Maintaining Alder and Office calendar/schedule
- Working with the Alder to develop communications from the Ward Office (newsletter, social media, etc.)
- Flyering and ward surveying
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Resident of Chicago, IL.
- Very strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Able to hold conversations on sensitive, critical matters while being empathetic, respectful, and honest.
- Resourceful, responsive, and service-minded. Willing to go the extra mile and seek creative solutions.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends; maintain a flexible schedule for events.
- Highly organized
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Experience in using AirTable and/or Salesforce
- Experience with Mailchimp and Canvas/Graphic Design software
- Experience with Social Media platforms
- Knowledge of the 40th Ward
- Billing/Budgeting Experience
- Bilingual (Spanish or Hindi/Urdu)
- Position is part-time: 28 hrs/week
The office of Alder Andre Vasquez is an equal opportunity employer that values diverse experiences and perspectives. Candidates must meet all requirements for employment by the city.