Child Welfare Specialist
Lawrence Hall is committed to keeping our youth and families, employees and communities safe. Therefore, we are requiring that all applicants have at least 1 dose of the COVID vaccine to qualify for hire, with the 2nd dose required 45 days after hire.
Are you passionate about building relationships with families? Do you have excellent social service skills? Join our fantastic and dedicated Foster Care team at Lawrence Hall and enjoy an in-office/remote hybrid schedule, case manager assistants, and employer-paid licensures and certifications.
Position Title - Child Welfare Specialist
Wages - Based on Experience and Education. Starting point of $43,000
Lawrence Hall will be providing stipends to any employee who is approved to transport youth in their own vehicle as part of their duties. The stipend will be $150/month. Monthly Travel reimbursements also.
We will also be providing a $75/month stipend to those who do not transport youth.
A $10/month wellness stipend will be provided to those employees who provide proof of their gym membership or payment for a fitness app.
- Provide comprehensive case management services to children in placement, their families, and foster parents, including placement, visitation, monitoring, service and permanency planning, and coordination of services according to Client Service Plan
- Face-to-face in-home contact with youth in care, parents and foster parent providers in the home environment and community to offer supportive services as needed
- Knowledge of trauma exposure and understanding and recognition of the signs of traumatic
- Keep abreast of changes in D.C.F.S. and Lawrence Hall Policies, Rules and Procedures by attending training and reading written information provided by the Agency
- Prepare required reports for court and case reviews and other paperwork in a timely manner.
- Participate in case reviews, court hearings, and other meetings related to case planning and case management as required.
- Maintain files and documentation including social history, case plans, court reports, documentation of services and other necessary information.
- Participate in pre-service, in-service and other required and voluntary training as appropriate.
- Provide all services to clients according to DCFS and Lawrence Hall Policies, Rules, and Procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in the human service degree, preferably in social work
- Preferred Child Welfare Employee Licensure at hire or must attend the next scheduled Foundations Training Program for licensure, meet the requirements for attendance and conduct, and pass the Licensure Exam
- Requires CERAP, and SACWIS/Office Automation Training
- Must pass the Foster Care Licensing standards (Rule 402) within three (3) months of employment
- Valid IL, IN, or WI driver's license with proof of insurance
- Personal vehicle with insurance required
- Sign-on Bonus $1,500
- Bonus with CWEL Licensure $2,000
- Recertification/Licensure Costs and Licensing Fees EMPLOYER PAID
- In-office/Remote Hybrid Schedule
- Employee Assistance Program for staff, family, and friends
- Generous 401(k) with immediate vesting and employer match after one year
- Health Insurance partial employer paid
- Dental and Vision Insurance partial employer paid
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Extended Sick leave Bank
- Wellness Program