Child Welfare Specialist Supervisor
Lawrence Hall is committed to keeping our youth and families, employees and communities safe. Therefore, we are requiring that all applicants have at least 1 dose of the COVID vaccine to qualify for hire, with the 2nd dose required 45 days after hire.
Are you passionate about building relationships with families? Do you have excellent supervision skills? Join our fantastic and dedicated Foster Care team at Lawrence Hall and enjoy an in-office/remote hybrid schedule, case manager assistants, and employer-paid licensures and certifications.
Position Title - Child Welfare Specialist Program Supervisor
Wages - Based on education and experience. Starting at $64,000. Merit based performance incentives
Lawrence Hall will be providing stipends to any employee who is approved to transport youth in their own vehicle as part of their duties. The stipend will be $150/month.
We will also be providing a $75/month stipend to those who do not transport youth.
A $10/month wellness stipend will be provided to those employees who provide proof of their gym membership or payment for a fitness app.
- Provides direct supervision to assigned reports of Child Welfare Specialists and assigned Case Management Assistant.
- Conducts routine meetings with his/her assigned team and participates in various meetings both internal/external. Ensures LH and DCFS policies and procedures are implemented by case management team to promote best practice and positive well-being outcomes for children and families.
- Provide back-up for team members, including providing services to clients when necessary
- Maintain accountability to juvenile courts, Department of Children and Family Services, and to the agency for case work services to young people and their families.
- Participates in various collateral and community groups to promote agency programs and to network with the community, creating community linkages and opportunities
- Knowledge of trauma exposure and understanding and recognition of the signs of trauma.
- Provides 24 hour on-call coverage for crisis intervention on a rotating basis with other supervisors.
- Flexible schedule required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Master's Degree in human service degree required
- Requires all Child Welfare Licensure (CWEL requirements)
- Minimum of two years related experience and ability to effectively provide supervision
- Valid IL, IN, or WI driver's license with proof of current insurance
- Personal vehicle required with proof of insurance
- No history of child abuse or neglect
- Recertification/Licensure Costs and Licensing Fees EMPLOYER PAID
- In-office/Remote Hybrid Schedule
- Employee Assistance Program for staff, family, and friends
- Generous 401(k) with immediate vesting and company match after one year
- Health Insurance partial employer paid
- Dental and Vision Insurance partial employer paid
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Extended Sick Leave Bank
- Wellness Program
*Apply TODAY! NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*
This position meets the FLSA requirements for Exempt.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V