Family Support Specialist
Lawrence Hall is committed to keeping our youth and families, employees and communities safe. Therefore, we are requiring that all applicants have at least 1 dose of the COVID vaccine to qualify for hire, with the 2nd dose required 45 days after hire.
Make a difference in the lives of young people! Join us at Lawrence Hall, where we believe that with a strong team of support around them, all young people have bright futures. We need YOU on our team! Great benefits including a minimum of 3 weeks paid time off, generous 401k employer match, loan forgiveness, free certification training and continuing education units offered internally....social workers, therapists and psychologists- earn all of your recertification/licensure credits free internally or attend external trainings with agency reimbursement. Family Support Specialist works as part of a treatment team to assist in providing direct service to clients ages 0-21. Tasks may vary according to client needs, from providing concrete services to modeling behaviors to clients and a variety of clerical duties requiring basic knowledge of computer systems and office procedures. Requires frequent transportation of clients in agency and/or personal vehicle and interaction with children, foster parents, and families of origin. Frequent lifting and carrying of small children up to 50 lbs, putting them in car seats, etc. Requires utilizing good judgment in relating appropriately to clients and always seeking the protection of children. Effectively implements verbal de-escalation and physical intervention skills. Utilizes effective verbal and written communication and computer skills. Maintains flexibility to adjust work schedule (shift) according to the needs of the program when necessary including some weekends and holidays.
- Assist the staff working directly with clients and families to provide services.
- Transportation of clients to family visits, school, home, medicals, therapy etc.
- Supervision and documentation of parent/child visits and sibling visits.
- Assist children and youth with activities of daily living and personal care; may include assisting with toileting and/or changing soiled diapers and clothing utilizing universal precautions.
- Act as role model to children and youth through assigned mentoring activities.
- Act as respite provider for assigned foster families, in home or in community.
- Provide milieu shift coverage and/or stabilization services as assigned.
- Accompany caseworkers on home visits when necessary.
- Maintains and submits required documentation according to Agency/DCFS policies and procedures.
- Assist with the periodic and proper maintenance of agency vehicles.
- Assist with interoffice communication needs.
- Assist with filing, mail preparation, pickup and distribution and other office procedures.
- Provides reception coverage as needed.
- Participate in agency meetings and training.
- Participate in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement
- activities as assigned.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the
- Ability to work effectively with clients and staff in a culturally diverse environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Satisfactory completion of at least one year as a child care worker preferred or other related experience.
- Ability to work with children and young adults.
- Ability to read and write sufficiently to follow directions and maintain written records.
- Computer proficiency.
- Good communication skills.
- Valid IL, IN, or WI driver's license and good driving history required.
- Ability to pass background clearance and drug screening.
- Ability to intervene with clients both verbally and physically. Physical intervention requires the ability to kneel and return to standing without assistance.
*Apply TODAY! NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V