The part-time Administrative Manager works with the Chief of Staff largely on clerical tasks to ensure the office runs smoothlyh. This rol will be focused on day-to-day operations of an office by doing tasks such as filing paperwork, billing/budgeting, answering phone calls, greeting constituents, preparing documents for meetings and managing calendars. The role will also include processing constituent service requests.
- Report directly to the Chief of Staff and supervise department volunteers and inters as applicable.
- Work with 40th Ward team to address and resolve incoming phone, email, and walk-in constituent service requests.
- Maintaining Alder and Office calendar/schedule
- Flyering and ward surveying
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Resident of Chicago, IL
- Very strong interpersoanl and verbal communication skills
- Able to hold conversations on sensitive, critical matters while being empathetic, respectful, and honest
- Resourceful, responsive, and service-minded. Willing to go the extra mile and seek creative solutions
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends; maintain a flexible schedule for events.
- Highly organized
- Experience in using AirTable and or Salesforce
- Knowledge of the 40th Ward
- Billing/Budgeting Experience
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
- Position is part-time: 21 hrs/week
Candidates can apply here: https://airtable.com/shr3oeBKwBuH1QRls