Community Pharmacist with Expertise/Passion for Supplements, Herbs and Home
About the Hiring Process
At Merz, we consider many factors in our hiring decision. To be considered for employment, candidates MUST complete a short survey as part of our hiring process. Please cut and paste this link into your browser to complete the survey and select Community Pharmacist: https://www.cultureindex.com/c/ku8blrthpq
We are a trusted resource specializing in natural health, personal care, beauty, fragrance, men’s grooming and more. In addition to our stores, we have an active e-commerce business (www.smallflower.com), direct mail business, and a sizable Amazon sales channel.
What We Offer
- Great benefits (health, dental, vision)
- 401K Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee bonus (incentive plan)
- Employee discount
- Paid time-off
The benefits provided by Merz are worth greater than $7000 annually.
Why We Are Different
- We are family-owned and operated.
- We live by our core values.
- Gracious service is the soul of the Merz Experience, starting with customers and extending to the way we work with each other, our colleagues.
- We are one of the oldest businesses in Chicago and in the nation, and have served many generations of customers locally and across the country.
- We speak multiple languages fluently and come from all different backgrounds and life experiences.
About the Position
The Community Pharmacist is a leader in delivering on Merz Apothecary’s mission to improve our customers’ lives by providing the world’s best natural and unique products for health and personal care, and sharing sought-after knowledge and guidance with honesty and passion. The pharmacist spends time with customers primarily in person, but also on the phone, listening, suggesting, and advising in the area of herbs, supplements, and healthy lifestyle choices.
This is not a typical pharmacist role. There is almost no filling of prescriptions in this role. The ideal person for this position loves learning and sharing knowledge with people, and is energized by interacting with and helping others. The ideal candidate will be seen as a local expert, providing knowledge and resources to our diverse and international community of customers as they strive to improve their health and their lives. The Pharmacist is passionate about integrative medicine and enjoys working closely with the public to listen and provide recommendations for herbal remedies, homeopathics, supplements, and other practices leading to health, comfort, and longevity. The Pharmacist provides advice on health topics such as diet, nutrition, common and complex ailments, managing stress, and self-care.
Ideally the Pharmacist has an herbalist certification/training, or has demonstrated knowledge and expertise concerning herbs and/or supplements and nutrition for the maintenance of health. A love of learning through both training and self-directed education is key to success in this role. The position works closely with the rest of our store team to provide excellent customer service, while consistently meeting the store’s sales goals.
- Serve as a key resource to customers on herbs, supplements, and/or natural health protocols
- Listen to customers to provide consultative customer service to access customer needs and appropriate product and lifestyle guidance
- Build productive, trusting relationships with customers in a friendly, neighborhood store environment
- Build knowledge of products and brands offered in our store
- Assist store manager with store budget, sales targets and hiring needs
- Train team members in health and lifestyle subject areas
- Participate as part of the store’s leadership team to develop and implement business strategies to grow the business
- Passion for healthy living and restorative personal care practices
- Strong communication, listening skills and interpersonal skills, including the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome challenges
- Excellent customer service experience
- A true enjoyment of connecting with people
- A friendly and energetic personality
- Attention to detail
- Excellent team and collaboration skills
- Availability on Saturday (our busiest day) and 4 weekdays
- Fluency in German, Romanian, Polish, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish, or other second language a plus.
- Registered Pharmacist
- Certification in herbalism or demonstrated natural health knowledge
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Have you completed the short survey?
- herbalism or demonstrated natural health knowledge and: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location