- Ensures that exemplary customer satisfaction is the first priority.
- Greet every guest as they enter the store and be attentive to every guest.
- Always express excitement to be involved with guests and seek out guests to help.
- Strive to build a relationship with the guests you are helping.
- Always be aware of the activity on the sales floor and be aware of what guests have already been helped.
- Keep an eye on the register and don't let guests wait at the register to be checked out.
- Know how to pull product with a reason and offer a variety of Gearhead Outfitters services to the guest throughout the sale.
- Have favorite products to show guests, but don't limit to sales to only products you personally prefer.
- Ring up your guests and encourage future visits.
- Always be in presentation or preparation mode and always be working on the to-do list day to day operations.
- Initiate new tasks and always complete a task you have started.
- Be attentive and act with a sense of urgency.
- Always be ready to learn about current and new products and be open to all product in the store.
- Be self-educating on the current and new brands.
- Make yourself available for training opportunities that arise throughout the day.
- Be supportive of the company/store leadership and keep open communication with all other members of the team.
- Be willing to ask for help and seek advice on improving your sales presentation.
- Ask questions and share feedback with the entire team.
- Accept feedback with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and utilize constructive feedback to improve your performance on the sales floor.
- Be available to come into work at your scheduled time and be available to cover shifts when necessary.
- Give suggestions on what product needs to be ordered and remind other teammates about new special orders.
- Be a team player.
- Be on-time and dressed appropriately.
- Clean up after yourself and your guests/customers.
- Stay in tune with current projects and what's happening in the store.
- Tell your teammates if you are leaving the sales floor or taking a break.
- Encourage fellow teammates to always have a positive attitude.
- May perform other related and non-related duties as assigned and agreed upon by both parties
- An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Time Management-Uses time effectively by planning and prioritizing tasks as well as setting goals in order to accomplish assignments on schedule.
- Analyzes and Solves Problems – Approaches problems from an analytical perspective, gathering information from multiple sources performing analyses, and drawing appropriate conclusions. Proactively diagnoses by identifying root causes and choosing optimal solutions.
- Embraces Diversity – Leverages the capabilities and perspectives of all individuals, holding self and others accountable for developing and maintaining an environment that enables full participation and development of all backgrounds, cultures, styles, and views.
- Communicates with Purpose – Gains support for ideas through effective spoken/written communication. Uses active listening to ensure understanding and is able to recognize important information in written materials. Provides clear instructions in accordance with company guidelines.
- Maintains Cooperative Relationships – Treats others with respect and encourages cooperation at all levels of the company. Works to resolve conflicts while ensuring needs are met. Interacts effectively with all Employees, customers, and external vendors.
- Demonstrates Integrity – Maintains in one’s work through implementing, upholding, and enforcing ethical standards and compliance with local, state, and federal laws and company policies.
- Promotes Strong Work Ethic – Stays focused and works effectively under stress. Holds self and others accountable for completing tasks accurately and efficiently. Shows enthusiasm towards work and teaches Employees to do the same. Maintains high standards for self and others.
- Encourages Customer Focus – Makes Customer service a priority by instructing others to provide excellent service to internal and external customers. Demonstrates how to appropriately interact with customers, even in difficult situations, and how to effectively meet their needs.
- Decision Making- Ability to make correct decisions or choose the best course of actions when a decision needs to be made, including doing so in a safe manner, preventing accidents, injuries, and theft.
- Attendance - Ability to be punctual to work, including adhering to time limits while on break or lunch. Employee must also follow company policy in respect to sick leave, vacation time off, giving a prompt notice of absence due to an illness, and following company policy and regulatory standards in regards to leaves of absences (i.e. FMLA, Personal Leave, etc).
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be physically able to walk, stand, and stoop for several hours each day.
- Must be willing and able to sit on the floor and get up without assistance.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
Masks are required for all staff members