Store Sales Associate - Part-Time or Full-Time
About the Hiring Process
At Merz, we consider many factors in our hiring decision, including a short survey. Cut and paste the survey link into your browser (https://go.apply.ci/s/ku8blrthpq), select the Sales Associate position, and complete the survey. To be considered for employment, candidates must complete this survey.
We are a trusted resource specializing in natural health, personal care, beauty, fragrance, men’s grooming and more. In addition to our stores, we have an active e-commerce business (www.smallflower.com), direct mail business, and a sizable Amazon sales channel.
What We Offer
- Hourly rate: $16.00
- Great benefits (health, dental, vision)
- 401K Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee bonus (incentive plan)
- Employee discount
- Paid time-off
The benefits provided by Merz are worth greater than $7000 annually.
Why We Are Different
- We are family-owned and operated.
- We live by our core values.
- Gracious service is the soul of the Merz Experience, starting with customers and extending to the way we work with each other, our colleagues.
- We are one of the oldest businesses in Chicago and in the nation, and have served many generations of customers locally and across the country.
- We speak multiple languages fluently and come from all different backgrounds and life experiences.
The Full-Time or Part-Time Store Sales Associate works closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our products and recommend the right solutions. The Store Sales Associate stays up-to-date with product features and maintains our store’s visual appearance in high standards. This position is accountable for excellent customer service, while consistently meeting the store’s sales goals. You should also be able to promptly resolve customer complaints and ensure maximum client satisfaction.
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their questions
- Assess customers needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Actively seek out customers in store
- Ensure high customer satisfaction through gracious service
- Follow and achieve sales goals
- Maintain shelves and displays stocked and presentable condition
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication and listening skills
- A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Excellent team and collaboration skills
- Availability to work flexible shifts
Experience and Education
- Established retail sales and customer service experience
- Experience or interest in natural health, personal care, fragrance, herbs, supplements, skincare, men's grooming, or makeup required.
- Fluency in Romanian a plus.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Proof of vaccination is required for all employees.
- Are you fully vaccinated against Covid 19? This is required of all employees.
- Have you completed the required Culture Survey? https://go.apply.ci/s/ku8blrthpq
Work Location: One location