Warehouse Receiving Associate
Merz Apothecary is one of Chicago’s oldest retail businesses, specializing in natural health, personal care, beauty, fragrance, grooming products and more. Our flagship is in Lincoln Square. Smallflower is our e-commerce and direct mail brand that has been in existence since 1998; We are also a leading seller on Amazon. Ours is a very active, 147 year-old, 30+ person, family-run business that has service and the sharing of knowledge among our core values.
About the Hiring Process
We consider many factors in our hiring decision. To be considered for employment, candidates MUST complete a short survey as part of our hiring process. Please cut and paste this link into your browser (https://go.apply.ci/p/l5y1eqgnHLC), select "Warehouse Associate" to complete the survey.
About The Position
This position supports Merz’s receiving operation, meeting defined objectives and day-to-day operational requirements.
- Assist with processing all product deliveries
- Process deliveries in a timely manner with full attention to detail and abiding by receiving procedures
- Communicate errors and damaged products with buying department, and accounting to ensure and maintain schedule of payments to vendors.
- Maintain merchandise return/transfer area
- Maintain receiving area in a neat, clean, organized and safe manner
- Break down and organize designated loads
- Ensure all refrigerated items are stocked or properly stored
Experience and Education
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1-2 yrs previous warehouse experience preferred
- Good organizational, time management, counting and basic math skills
- Dependable and reliable
- Inventory, equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills may be required
Physical Demands and Abilities
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
Merz provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Have you completed the short survey as part of our hiring process? Cut and paste this link: https://www.cultureindex.com/c/ku8blrthpq
Work Location: One location