Ecommerce Pick/Pack/Ship Warehouse Associate
About the Hiring Process
At Merz, we consider many factors in our hiring decision. To be considered for employment, candidates MUST complete a short survey as part of our hiring process. Please cut and paste this link into your browser to complete the survey and select Warehouse Associate: https://www.cultureindex.com/c/ku8blrthpq
We are a trusted resource specializing in natural health, personal care, beauty, fragrance, men’s grooming and more. In addition to our stores, we have an active e-commerce business (www.smallflower.com), direct mail business, and a sizable Amazon sales channel.
What We Offer
- Hourly rate: $17.00
- Great benefits (health, dental, vision)
- 401K Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee bonus (incentive plan)
- Employee discount
- Paid time-off
The benefits provided by Merz are worth greater than $7000 annually.
Why We Are Different
- We are family-owned and operated.
- We live by our core values.
- Gracious service is the soul of the Merz Experience, starting with customers and extending to the way we work with each other, our colleagues.
- We are one of the oldest businesses in Chicago and in the nation, and have served many generations of customers locally and across the country.
- We speak multiple languages fluently and come from all different backgrounds and life experiences.
About The Position
This position is responsible for:
- Picking and fulfilling online orders.
- Preparing orders by pulling materials from the store or warehouse.
- Packing and preparing boxes for shipment.
- Receiving and processing products and supplies received in the warehouse.
- Stock, organize and present new merchandise on the sales floor.
- Participate in warehouse maintenance, organization, and housekeeping.
Physical Demands and Abilities
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs; occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs with assistance.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
Experience and Education
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1-2 yrs previous warehouse shift lead experience preferred
- Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
- Dependable and reliable
Equal Opportunity Employer
Merz is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other legally protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Have you completed the short survey as part of our hiring process? Cut and paste this link: https://www.cultureindex.com/c/ku8blrthpq
Work Location: One location, 60618