Bring the children out to Trick-or-Treat along the business districts of Lincoln Square and Ravenswood on the Saturday before Halloween. From 11am to 2pm participating businesses will provide candy or a small give away to area children.
In addition to trick or treating several other activities occur in area businesses, see below for details.
MORE EVENTS BEING ADDED - CHECK BACK SOON!
Date: Saturday, October 27th 2018
Time: 11am - 2pm in Lincoln Square and Ravenswood
Admission: FREE (While Supplies Last)
Pumpkin Decorating Details
Date: Saturday, October 27th 2018
Time: 11am on Damen Avenue (4835 N Damen Avenue)
Admission: FREE (While Supplies Last)
Lincoln Square Participating Businesses
- 4912 N Western Avenue - Chicago Printmakers Collaborative
- 2338 W. Lawrence Avenue - On the Route
- 2334 W Lawrence Avenue - A Pretty Flower
- 2300 W Lawrence Avenue - Wintrust Bank*
- 4767 N Lincoln Avenue - Artango Bar & Steakhouse
- 4762 N Lincoln Avenue - Fleet Feet
- 4757 N Lincoln Avenue - Timeless Tots
- 4751 N Lincoln Avenue - Stanley Brown Jeweler
- 4750 N Lincoln Avenue - Gene's Sausage Shop
- 4749 N Lincoln Avenue - Timeless Toys
- 4747 N Lincoln Avenue - The Chopping Block
- 4745 N Lincoln Avenue - Genevieve Boutique
- 4740 N Lincoln Avenue - My Eye Dr.
- 4736 N Lincoln Avenue - The Book Cellar
- 4728 N Lincoln Avenue - OrangeTheory Fitness
- 4727 N Lincoln Avenue - Planet Access Company Store
- 4724 N Lincoln Avenue - Uncle Dan's Outfitters
- 4723 N Lincoln Avenue - ENJOY, AN URBAN GENERAL STORE
- 4721 N Lincoln Avenue - Huettenbar
- 4713 N Lincoln Avenue - European Wax Center
- 4712 N Lincoln Avenue - Gallimaurfry Gallery
- 4710 N Lincoln Avenue - Steve Quick
- 2312 W Leland Avenue - Augusta Food and Wine
- 4658 N Western Avenue - Green Leaf Thai Cuisine
- 4662 N Lincoln Avenue - Lincoln Square Athletic Club
- 4661 N Lincoln Avenue - Lincoln Quality Meat Market, Inc.
- 4655 N Lincoln Avenue - Baker Miller
- 4644 N Lincoln Avenue - Ricochet's
- 4625 N Lincoln Avenue - One River School
- 4619 N Lincoln Avenue - Sacred Art
- 4614 N Lincoln Avenue - Davis Theater
- 4555 N Lincoln Avenue - Aligned Modern Health
- 4554 N Lincoln Avenue - Dental Innovations
- 4545 N Lincoln Avenue - Old Town School of Folk Music
- 4544 N Lincoln Avenue - Old Town School of Folk Music
- 4528 N Lincoln Avenue - Century 21 Affiliated
- 4526 N Lincoln Avenue - homesoul
- 4337 N Lincoln Avenue - The Northman*
- 3843 N Lincoln Avenue - Team Tim Allstate
*The Northman will open at noon, and Wintrust will be open until 1pm only
Ravenswood Participating Businesses
- 4955 N Damen Avenue - Milk Supply
- 4949 N Damen Avenue - Mint Home
- 4947 N Damen Avenue - Bang Bang Pie and Biscuits
- 4839 N Damen Avenue - Groundswell Coffee Roasters
- 4835 N Damen Avenue - District
- 4835 N Damen Avenue - Alapash New Home
- 4827 N Damen Avenue - Sfizi
- 4737 N Damen Avenue - Salon Elan Vital
- 4735 N Damen Avenue - Eye See Ravenswood
- 4725 N Damen Avenue - 4Legs Pet Supply
- 4704 N Damen Avenue - Amy's Candy Bar
- 4705 N Damen Avenue - T. Salon
- 4703 N Damen Avenue - Ravensgoods
- 4700 N Damen Avenue - The Perfect Cup
- 4658 N Damen Avenue - Sailor
- 2003 W Montrose Avenue - Neighborly
- 1940 W Montrose Avenue - Fountainhead
- 1926 W Montrose Avenue - Hazel Apparel
- 1902 W Montrose Avenue - Hazel
- 4401 N Ravenswood Avenue - Lillstreet Art Center
Saturday, October 20th
Adult's Harry Potter Night at The Guesthouse Hotel
Carve Pumpkins at Gross Park
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Bring your own pumpkin and tools to carve with your neighbors! Carving begins at 11 a.m. and ends at 1 p.m.
Rain date: Sunday, October 21
Tuesday, October 23rd
Halloween Snapshots at TK Photography
Come to the Edgewater studio with your little princess or superhero on Tuesday, October 23rd for TK Photography's Halloween Photobooth Snapshots!
Digital downloads are available to be purchased at $15 per image! You also receive a code for $20 towards your image purchases, to be used within 30 days of getting the finished gallery.
Click here for complete details.
Thursday, October 25th
Howl-o-ween Party and Costume Contest at Urban Pooch
Fountainhead's 8th Annual Great Punk'n Party
Join us for our 8th annual pumpkin carving party!
For just $15 ($20 at the door) you will get a gorgeous pumpkin to carve, a carving kit, and one pumpkin beer or cider. We will have scary movies on the television, punk rock over the speakers, and prizes for the best pumpkins! This event is always a crowd pleaser so please reserve your pumpkin early! (It really helps us to know how many we need for carving!).
Please keep in mind that pumpkins are limited, and at door sales will be based on availability.
Your pumpkin is automatically entered into our pumpkin carving competition. There's gonna be some great prizes for the best pumpkins. Who chooses?! Everyone present at the time gets a vote!
Saturday, October 27th
Free Family Photos at Century 21 Affiliated
Get a free family photo with your little trick-or-treaters! Never get a family photo? Stop by Century 21 Affiliated, Donna Manella at 4528 N Lincoln during Halloween Happenings (11-2 on 10/27). Photos will be emailed to you post-event.
jookie's 13th Annual Photo Fundraiser
Friday, October 26th and Saturday, October 27th.
100% of the money raised will go to the Young Center for Immigrant and Childrens Rights.
Laura Doherty Halloween Shows at ENJOY
We are excited to once again present Laura Doherty performing in-store at ENJOY, AN URBAN GENERAL STORE (4723 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL 60625) performing two kids shows on Saturday, October 27, 2018, at 10:00am and 11:30am.
Join us for Lincoln Square Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce's Annual Trick or Treat Event—Halloween Happenings—on Saturday, October 27!
Bring the kids in costume to see Laura Doherty perform then trick or treat at participating businesses in the Lincoln Square neighborhood.
Not-So-Scary Bi-Lingual Story Time at Sulzer Library
Saturday October 27th 10 am -11 am
Sulzer Regional Library, Children’s play area
Before you visit Lincoln Square’s Halloween Happenings, visit the library to get in the Halloween mood. There will be stories, songs and dancing, in English and Spanish for young children with their families. After the stories we’ll parade around the library to show off our costumes.
Spooky Cartoon Brunch at Carbon Arc
Every weekend morning Carbon Arc Bar & Board takes over Theater 1 of the Davis Theater and shows cartoons! We serve brunch at the bar/restaurant. Using our direct-connect to the theater your children can hang and watch cartoons while you enjoy some delicious grub & drinks! This will be a special Halloween Edition showing episodes of Hotel Transylvania the Series. Click here for event details.
Spooky Sing Along at Old Towns School of Folk Music
Witches, werewolves, and warlocks! Goblins, ghouls, and ghosts! Bring the whole family to this spooky, but not scary, sing-a-long. Be sure to wear your Halloween costume!
Old Town School of Folk Music
4544 N. Lincoln Avenue
Saturday, October 27th
$12 General Public/$11 Members
Click here to buy tickets.
Sunday, October 28th
5th Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest at Gene's Sausage Shop
It's time for Gene’s 5th Pumpkin Carving Contest!
Free admission, adult and kid categories.
Join us on Gene's Rooftop on Sunday, October 28th from 12-3pm for food, drinks, and prizes. Costumes are encouraged but not mandatory.
Registered pumpkins will be displayed in Gene’s front window to “WOW” passers-by!
In-Store Carved Pumpkin Drop-Off and Registration Oct. 24th-Oct. 28th (11AM cut-off on 28th)
Gene's Sausage Shop
4750 N. Lincoln Avenue
Costume Contest & Pet Parade with Ruff Haus Pets
It's that time of year again for our Annual Pet Costume Contest & Parade Benefiting One Tail At A Time! Join us on Sunday, October 28th for a spooky good time!
~ SCHEDULE OF EVENTS ~
- 11:00 AM -
Meet at Giddings Plaza in Lincoln Square (The Fountain)
- 11:30 AM -
Costume Contest and Judging begins promptly at 11:30 AM.
- 12:00 PM -
Parade to Ruff Haus for both human & canine refreshments!
~ PET COSTUME CONTEST INFORMATION ~
$10 donation - 100% proceeds to One Tail At A Time
Meet at Giddings Plaza at 11:00 AM to receive your goody bag and costume contest participant wristband. Costume Contest and Judging begins promptly at 11:30 AM.
There will be 4 different costume categories this year.
- Best Duo or Group (Humans can join their pups in this one!)
- Most Original
Winners of each costume category will win a gift basket full of tasty & fun surprises... and every pup who participated in the costume contest will go home with a goodie bag!
After the costume contest, we welcome everyone to parade back to Ruff Haus Pets for both human and canine refreshments!
We can't wait to see you!
Kids Harry Potter Night at Ridman's Coffee
Pumpkin Decorating at Nick's Pizza and Pub
On Saturday, October 27th and Sunday, October 28th, Nick's Banquet Room will be turned into a Pumpkin Decorating Gallery! Tickets are $12/child and space is limited so get your tickets today!!!
Each ticket includes:
- 1 pumpkin and decorating supplies
- 1 kid's meal
- Scavenger hunt
- 1 goody bag
Start times: 11am, 11:30 am, and noon. Please arrive by your start time so you can fully enjoy all of the activities! If you have questions call 815-356-5559 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.