Usher in the Fall at the 2019 Lincoln Square Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce's 32nd Annual Apple Fest!
Dozens of vendors participate in Apple Fest every year, selling everything from candy apples to scarves and hats. Pick up fresh apple pie, hot apple cider, or even a whole bushel of apples! When you're finished, bring your food to our Lawrence Avenue Music Stage to hear great local music while you eat.
And parents won't have all the fun! Kids can play in our Leland Avenue Kids Zone, featuring child-focused activities throughout the day. There's something for everyone at Apple Fest!
FOOD & BEVERAGE DETAILS
- Empanadas - Choice of Beef, Chicken, or Corn and Cheese
- Arepas - Choice of Apple and Cheese, Beef, or Chicken
- Funnel Cake w/ Apple Topping
- Apple Brats
- Apple Cotton Candy
- Apple Fries
- Hot Dog and Chips
- Roasted Apple Chardonnay Sausage w/ Apple Mustard
- Founders Beer Brat w/ Caramelized Onion & Grain Mustard
- Soft Pretzel w/ Apple Mustard
- Apple Caramel Corn
- Kids Hot Dog
- Famous Whole Apple Pie w/ Cast Iron Skillet
- Famous Apple Pie Slice w/ Handmade Whipped Cream
- Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwiches w/ Apple Slaw
- Dinky Delights Donuts - choose ONE sugar topping: Cinnamon Sugar, Old Fashioned Sugar Cream Pie, Chocolate, Ginger Bread, Apple Crisp, Powdered Sugar, or Ancho Mamma's Chile Topping
- Apple Curry Chicken
- Butter Chicken
- Vegetable Samosa
- Vegetable Korma
- Shrimp Biryani
- Classic - Fresh Bread, Fresh Butter and Butterkase Cheese
- Southport - Fresh Bread, Butterkase Cheese and Smoked Onion Marmalade
- Abreo - Fresh Bread, White Cheddar Cheese, Honeycrisp Apple Slices and Bacon Onion Jam
- Jake - Fresh Bread, Gouda Cheese, Ham and Apple Butter
- Pulled Porker - Fresh Bread, Double Butterkase Cheese, Pulled Pork and Sweet Market Slaw
- Tomato Pesto Soup - Mighty Vine Tomatoes, House Made Pesto, Local Onion, Kosher Salt and Pepper
- Smoked Chicken & Apple Sausage
- White German Bratwurst
- Kobe Burgers
- Veggie Burgers
- Grilled or Orange Chicken with Vegetable Rice
- Egg Rolls
- Crab Rangoon
- Corn Dogs and Chicken Tenders w/ Fries
- Cheese Curds, Cheese Fries, and Tater Tots
- Funnel Cake w/ Apple Topping
- Deep Fried Oreos, Snickers, and Twinkies
- Apple Braised Pork Belly with Cheddar Grits
- Fried Apple Pies w/ Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Candied Apple Sweet Tea
- Fish and Chips - malt cured Icelandic cod, cider battered, spicy gribiche, malt mist
- Cider Donuts
- Döner Kabob - ground and spit-roasted beef, chicken, and lamb, marinated tomato, cucumber, onion, lemon, crispy rice, yogurt, flatbread wrap
- Apple Hand Pie
- Northman Melt - grilled patty, dark onions, garlic aioli, butterkase
- The Chipper Swine - Cider braised pork shoulder, swiss cheese, bacon, dried cranberries
- Norberto - Braised chicken thigh, avo/jalapeno sauce, pepper jack, cilantro, dried cranberry
- Tamales - Apple Raisin, Pork in Salsa Verde, Sweet Corn (vegan), Poblano Pepper & Cheese (vegetarian), Chicken with Mole, Black Bean & Veggies (vegan)
- Tacos - Seitan and Veggies (vegan), Fish, Steak, Chicken Tinga
- Guacamole & Chips
- Elote (Mexican Style corn on the cob)
- Mangoes (Mexican Style)
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Pastries
- Lemonade, Mexican Soft Drinks, Bottled Water
Hard Cider from Right Bee Cider
This all-natural cider is made by a Chicago couple and uses local honey.
2017 Chateau Pesquie Rose, Cotes du Ventoux, Rhône Valley, France
Bright flavors of red berries and citrus fruits. Well-balanced and fresh, a nice accompaniment to grilled fish, vegetables or charcuterie.
Les Deux Moulins Sauvignon Blanc, Loire, France
Crisp and lively with vibrant minerality. Subtle grassiness and notes of lime, it's the perfect summer sipper.
Possman Pure Cider
Hard apple cider made of country apples from Hesse, Germany.
Spaten Oktoberfest Beer
The beer of Munich’s famous Oktoberfest: aromatic, savoury, gold-colored. The world's first Oktoberfest beer!
Fischborn Dry Riesling from Germany
Floral notes with hints of honey and peach.
Vander Mill Totally Roasted Cider
The medley of cinnamon, pecan, and vanilla will dance on your palate. This is a mind altering example of what cider can be.
Metropolitan Flywheel Pilsner
Features the spicy hop flavors and bitterness you expect in a Pilsner, but the malt bill is amped up for balance.
3 Floyds Zombie Dust Pale Ale
This intensely hopped and gushing undead Pale Ale will be one’s only respite after the zombie apocalypse. Created with marvelous friends in the comic industry.
Hot Mulled Wine
DeVois de Perret Rose Wine
This is a smooth, easy-drinking rose blend with aromas of grapefruit zest and strawberries that are lifted by bright acidity and a clean menthol note on the finish.
Uncle John's, Cherry Cider
Uncle John's starts with farm-fresh Apple Hard Cider, then use a special family recipe and mix in Michigan Cherry Juice. This carbonated blush brings together Michigan’s best tastes.
Begyle, Free Bird
Joie de Poulpe Ros, rose wine
Gougenheim Malbec, red wine
OutCider from 2 Towns Ciderhouse
Rugged and fresh, OutCider isn't afraid of taking the trail less traveled. Jonagold apples are pressed, fermented, and left unfiltered, so you can experience their raw character.
Carlsberg Beer by Carlsberg
Slim cropped white head has no problem sticking to the glass, bright and bubbly with a shimmering pale golden hue. Very crisp with a thin body, hops and malt are proportioned very well and leave the brew quite balanced.
Pinot Noir, red wine
Pinot Grigio, white wine
Mulled Apple Cider, Hot & Cold (non-alcoholic)
Mick Klug Farm, Apples and Apple Cider
Phil Foster Farm, Apples, Apple Cider, Jams, Honey, Pumpkins, Gourds, Grapes and Veggies
John Bailey Honey, Honey, Jams, Jellies, Pickled Items, Candles, Maple Syrup
SPECIALTY MERCHANT FOOD VENDORS
Amy's Candy Bar, Caramel Apples, Caramel Apple Bars, Brownies & Blondies, Apple Cider Caramels, Caramel Apple Ice Cream Sandwiches
Hilary's Cookies, Apple Pie Cookies, Apple Maple Bacon Granola Bites, Mini Cookie Crust Apple Pies
Lawrence Hall, Apple Butter, Apple Jelly, Apple Fritters
RETAIL MERCHANT VENDORS
Amadara, Unique and Eclectic Handcrafts
Andean Artisans, Alpaca Blankets & Scarves, Teapots, Hats
Climate Home, Children & Adult Gift Shop
Edgewater Candles, Handmade Soy Candles
ENJOY, AN URBAN GENERAL STORE, Eclectic Novelty Shop
Genevieve, Women's Apparel & Accessories
Karma Neutral Ceramics, Ceramic Art & Pottery
Mainstream Boutique, Women's Clothing & Accessories
Nomadic Ant, Jewelry & Leather Goods
Ruff Haus Pets, Pet Treats & Toys
Sacred Art, Local Chicago Art, Housewares, Jewelry & Accessories
Search Inc / Planet Access Co. Store, Glassware, Candles, Housewares
Sfizi, Unique, High end European Shoes
Timeless Toys, Games,Toys & Crafts
Tori Grace Outfitter's, Children's Clothing & Accessories
Uncle Dan's, Outdoors Apparel & Gear
Urban Pooch Canine Life Center, Pooch Toys & Treats
CHEF DEMO DETAILS
Located in Giddings Plaza. Featuring Chefs from local restaurants.
Saturday, October 6th 2018
1:30pm - 2:15pm - Cafe Selmarie
Chef Ricky Sakoda demonstrates a favorite Fall dish: BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich with Celery Root-Apple Slaw on a Pretzel Bun
3:00pm - 3:45pm - The Northman
How to Make Hard Cider at Home: Join staff from The Northman Cider Pub & Bistro, including Cider Director Brian Rutzen, as they teach you how to make delicious "wine-like" apple cider at home, including equipment, techniques, styles, as well as a little history and lore about this fabled beverage.
BAKE-OFF DETAILS & ENTRY FORM
Located in Giddings Plaza @ 10:00am
Sunday, October 7th 2018
Do you make an amazing apple pie? Do you want to show off your baking skills? If you answered yes to either of these questions you should enter the 2nd annual Apple Fest Apple Pie Bake-Off! The Bake-Off will take place on Sunday morning of Apple Fest at 10:00am in Giddings Plaza, where local culinary judges will taste and rank your baking skills. Prizes will be awarded to the top two contestants. Registration is limited to the first 20 forms received. Applications Deadline: October 3, 5:00pm.
Download the Entry Form for complete details.
Money raised from this event supports beautification projects in Lincoln Square Ravenswood, as well as contributes financially to several community non-profits each year. Click for more details on how LSRCC supports the local community through Special Events.