Therapeutic Yoga, a 3-part series with Jessica Gonsiorowski
Understand your body better and live more resiliently
Habitual postures and repeated movements of everyday life create imbalances in your body that over time contribute to discomfort, pain, or even injury. Yoga is a great support in keeping your body healthy, and it is not uncommon to take these imbalances into your yoga practice which can reveal some of these imbalances.
Feel the liberation of understanding your body, its patterns, and its imbalances. Expand your yoga practice or come and start your yoga journey in these thoughtfully developed workshops. Learn how a therapeutic approach to your yoga practice can create more balance, stability, and freedom in your body.
In each 2-hr workshop we will study a specific area of the body, learn its basic anatomy, how to strengthen and lengthen the key muscles, and explore the energetic component of that specific area. You will experience yoga asana, breath practices, and stress reduction techniques. Dive into your own habitual patterns and explore how to move towards more functional alignment and movement in your daily life and on the mat.
- Yoga for Knees and Hips, Thursday, February 16 6:30 - 8:30pm
- Yoga for Low Back Health, Thursday, March 9 6:30 - 8:30pm
- Yoga for Upper Back, Shoulders and Neck Thursday, March 30 6:30 - 8:30pm
You may register for all 3 sessions for $115, or individual sessions for $50. Visit each individual listing to view workshop details.
Bloom Members register for $35 each session.
Yoga for Upper Back, Shoulders and Neck Thursday, March 30 6:30 - 8:30pm
The thoracic and cervical spine has become a challenging area for most modern bodies. Long hours in front of computers, heads in a forward position straining the neck, plus added emotional stress, leads to tightness of the chest muscles. This contributes to much of the pain and lack of mobility in these areas.
In this 2-hour workshop you will learn how to create more strength and mobility in your upper body. Learn how releasing and strengthening the supporting muscles can alleviate discomfort and bring more freedom into your movements. Dive into your own habitual patterns in these areas of your body and explore how you can create more functional and sustainable movements on and off your mat.
This workshop is for you if you:
- Experience upper back or neck pain
- Experience a lack of mobility in your shoulders
- Experience tension headaches
- Want to improve your posture and movement patterns
- Want to deepen your yoga practice
- Basic anatomy lecture of the thoracic and cervical spine
- Yoga asana for stretching and strengthening key muscles
- Breath practice
- Stress reduction practice
- Utilizing props to adapt the practice in a personalized way