New Year's Resolutions Made Easy in Lincoln Square and Ravenswood
Happy 2023! If you're looking to focus more on your mental and physical health this new year, or if you want to start of with some new healthy habits, here are some local options to reach your goals. Information will continue to be added in the coming days, so please check back soon!
Chicago Printmakers Collaborative
Chicago Printmakers Collaborative - 4912 N Western Avenue
What could be a better way to get "back on track" and prioritize self-care than by setting some time aside to pursue a creative passion and learn a new form of artmaking! Whether you're exploring printmaking for the first time or rediscovering it, the Chicago Printmakers Collaborative offers classes perfect for destressing, unwinding, and focusing on your creative wellbeing.
- Stone Lithography: (Tuesdays, January 17 – March 21, 6-9pm)
- Multi-level Screenprinting: (Wednesdays, January 18 – March 22, 6-9pm)
- Bookbinding Basics (ONLINE): (Tuesdays, January 31 – February 28, 2023, 6-9pm)
- Relief Printmaking: (February 26 – March 19, 4-7pm)
Lillstreet Art CenterLillstreet Art Center - 4401 N Ravenswood AvenueTaking intentional time out of your day to spend without your phone, and making something with your hands is restorative in a few ways: One, it helps you practice mindfulness and focus only on your surroundings in the present moment. Two, learning a new skill and exercising your creative muscles can be a huge confidence booster. And three, the social and collaborative aspect of an art class helps folks connect with others, make friends, and find community. Winter Session classes will begin the weeks of January 9 and February 13. Classes will open for registration on Monday, December 5. Students can save up to $20 per class when you can take advantage of an early registration discount, which ends December 28.
Lincoln Square Dental Spa
Lincoln Square Dental Spa - 2150 W Lawrence Avenue
Lincoln Square Dental Spa: New Year, New You Campaign
December 12- January 31
Your smile is the best first impression you can give. We want to make yours the healthiest and the best it can be. Come visit us to see how this father-daughter led team does dentistry differently.
New year promotion:
In-office Whitening: $100 off treatment!
Invisalign: free consultation!
Botox: $40 off treatment!
Call to book 773-561-3340 or book online at lincolnsquaredentalspa.com
Merz Apothecary - 4716 N Lincoln Avenue
Jan 1 - Jan 31: 20% off evanhealy skincare + makeup. All natural, organic, holistic beauty.
Merz will also be spotlighting their in-house brand of health enhancing herbs and teas, plus products for cleanses and detoxes in the new year.
The Chopping Block
The Chopping Block - 4740 N Lincoln Avenue
Whether you are vegan or not, we can all learn how to incorporate more plant-based foods in our diets in the new year!
Epic Vegan with Dustin Harder - Thursday, January 19, 2023 6pm click here to register.
Plant-Based Universal Meals with Dustin Harder - Saturday, January 21 10am click here to register. Or Saturday, January 21 5pm click here to register.
Bloom Yoga Studio
Bloom Yoga Studio - 4663 N Rockwell Street
January Special at Bloom - For new and returning Bloom students, get 1 month of unlimited in-person yoga for $99! This offer must be purchased in January and your 30 days of unlimited yoga begins on the day of purchase. Purchase online or in-person starting 1/1/23.
New Year's Day Yoga Classes: Start off your new year with your mat. Come to Bloom or practice from home with our abbreviated schedule. View our full class schedule here.
- Level 2 with Ginny 9:00am - 10:15am
- Level 1 with Lucy 10:00 - 11:15am
- Gentle Yoga (virtual and in-person) with Lucy 11:30 - 12:30pm
- Yoga & Meditation (virtual) with Sharon 6:00 - 7:00pm
- Workshops: In the new year, Bloom has workshops for everyone! Just getting started in your yoga journey? Check out Free Intro & Yoga 101. Looking to practice from your cozy home? Building a Home Yoga Practice and Intentional 2023 are virtual offerings. And get your teen out of the house with Chill Out Teen Yoga on Jan 12th! View all workshops here.
- Free Intro to Yoga on Tuesday, 1/3/23 5:30 - 6:45pm with Jessica Gonsiorowski - Start your yoga journey with Bloom's Free Intro to Yoga workshop. Learn basic poses, get a brief introduction to the big picture of yoga and feedback on how to practice safely.
- Building a Home Yoga Practice with Love & Devotion on Thursday, 1/5/23 6:30 - 8:00pm with Kathleen Matuszewich - Get comfortable and explore how to expand your yoga practice from home in this virtual workshop. Kathleen will share tips to establish your home practice along with common obstacles many face when practicing at home.
- Intentional 2023 on Sunday, 1/8/23 with Kerry Maiorca - Forget resolutions! Carve out a few hours at the start of 2023 to experience an embodied, connected, and creative state that clarifies where you’d like to focus your energy over the next year from a personal, professional, and/or creative perspective.
- Yoga 101, 4 week series on Tuesdays, 1/10 - 1/31/23 with Jessica Gonsiorowski
- Perfect for anyone who is new to yoga! This 4 week series provides a solid foundation in the essential yoga poses, breath practices, and mindfulness techniques. Each session builds on the previous one, allowing you to absorb and apply what you’ve learned so that you’ll feel prepared for our ongoing classes.
- Chill Out Yoga for Teens on Thursday, 1/12/23 with Chelsea Brown - Give your teen the chance to chill with a series of yoga poses, breathing exercises, and guided relaxations! Class will include some discussion of identifying the impacts of stress on our bodies and minds, as well as useful resources and strategies for self-regulation.
Brush Park Gym
Brush Park Gym - 4646 N Rockwell Street
Save 25% off all class packs. Use code: NEWYEAR2023 for group fitness classes for adults, childcare and aftercare. Offer valid 1/1 - 1/31.
Eye See Ravenswood
Eye See Ravenswood - 4735 N Damen Avenue
Getting your eye health checked every year is a great resolution to make and start in January!
On the Route Bicycles
On the Route Bicycles - 2338 W Lawrence Avenue
Now through January 31st, get free in home set up of any indoor cycling trainers as well as the FullGaz cycling app.
Pure Barre Lincoln Sqaure
Pure Barre Lincoln Square - 2309 W. Lawrence Avenue
This new year, new clients can try several free Foundations classes a week to discover how Pure Barre technique works and feel the benefits of a full-body barre workout to see if Pure Barre is the right fit for you.
Year 2023 is also bringing a completely new experience of Pure Barre with different experience of our current classes, and some very exciting developments on the way. Stay tuned and excited. We are raising the barre big time!
Pure Barre's doors are open to everyone - any age, and any fitness level. Stop in, and welcome to the Pure Barre family!
Book free Foundations class experiences at Pure Barre Lincoln Square by calling (773) 654-3799, emailing email@example.com, or visiting in studio!
Restore Pilates - 4848 N Damen Avenue
Restore Pilates Chicago believes in teaching people about their bodies. As part of this education, Restore is launching a Muscle of the Month series on their Instagram so that social media followers can learn about the functions of different muscles and learn some tips to strengthen, activate, lengthen, and release. Follow @restorepilateschicago to access the series!
US Tennis Association Chicago
USTA Chicago runs cardio tennis classes at River, Gompers, and Welles Parks that will continue running this winter in the parks whenever the weather cooperates. Here is how it will work:
- Registration sites are open at https://playtennis.usta.com/ustachicago/Coaching.
- Registration will be for SINGLE classes only; so, we are basically moving to a kind of “drop-in” (but pre-paid) class format.
- Registration opens one week before the class date.
- Classes will run as long as we have AT LEAST 4 players registered. There is a limit on the number of players in a class (in most cases it is 16).
- Classes may be cancelled if the forecast calls for temperatures below 35 degrees. Courts must be clear and dry.
- If classes are cancelled, all registered players will receive a text confirming the cancellation. They will also get a refund of their registration fee.
The classes are on Monday mornings at 7:30 (Gompers), Wednesday mornings at 7:30 (River), Thursday mornings at 7:30 (Welles), and Thursday evenings at 6:00 (River). Registration for all can be found at the link above.
Yoga Horizons - 4619 N Ravenswood AvenueYoga Horizons of Chicago is coming out of soft launch mode and into its full operational glory after getting settled at 4619 N Ravenswood Suite 102 for the past several months. We're Chicago's only studio focused exclusively on yoga in the Iyengar tradition. Starting in January 2023, we will have an updated schedule of classes occurring every day of the week for all abilities and levels of experience. Yoga Horizons is a kind and welcoming place to practice and learn and includes students from ages 10 to 91. We're united across our many differences by a shared desire to realize the life-long mental and physical benefits of a regular yoga practice. Please visit our website to learn more about our offerings, teachers and the type of yoga we teach and practice.